On February 10, 2014, the IRS issued its much-anticipated final regulations on the Affordable Care Act’s so-called “play or pay” mandate, under which certain employers have to either offer affordable, minimum-value health coverage to full-time employees and their dependents, or pay certain penalties. These newly released regulations provide clarification on how the mandate will be implemented, and they make a number of changes.
During this one-hour complimentary webinar, employee benefits attorneys Brandon Long and John Papahronis are joined by special guest Teah Corley, CEO of PremierSource, to discuss what employers need to know to quickly get a good handle on the guidelines and changes contained in the 227 pages of these complex rules so they can be prepared for the upcoming benefit plan year. Topics covered include:
- Which employers must comply with the mandate now and which employers can wait another year
- Who are “full-time employees” and how to track the hours of employees to determine who is “full time”
- Requirement to offer coverage to dependents of full-time employees generally will not apply — for some employers — in 2015
- Transition relief provided to non-calendar year plans
- Status of employer information reporting requirements
- Special rules and nuances contained in the final regulations
Watch this webinar — Originally broadcast March 13, 2014
This program was approved for 1.0 (HR (General)) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Registration prior to the live event is required to receive HRCI credit for this webinar. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program.
It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.