Charles S. Plumb
Paul A. Ross
On May 17, 2016, the U.S. Department of Labor released its long-awaited changes to the Fair Labor Standards Act. The new regulations, which go into effect December 1, will extend overtime eligibility to millions of salaried American workers who are currently classified as exempt employees. For many employers, the impact — both financial and operational — could be very significant.
In this complimentary webinar, labor and employment lawyers Courtney Bru, Charlie Plumb and Paul Ross review the new overtime regulations, assist employers in properly classifying their employees, and discuss strategies and best practices for preparing for the changes.
- Changes to the FLSA’s white collar exemption
- Changes to FLSA’s highly compensated employee exemption
- Determining whether exempt employees meet the duties test
- Evaluating the potential impact of the overtime changes on payroll and operations
- Employer options: Pay up or switch things up?
- Educating employees about the new rules
- Why now is a good time to review all compensation policies and practices
This webinar is now available for on-demand viewing. Register below to receive immediate access. NOTE: Pre-registration (by June 14, 2016) was required to qualify for HRCI or SHRM credit.
This program has been approved for 1.25 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about HRCI certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
McAfee & Taft is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 1.25 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about SHRM certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.