While cyber attacks on financial institutions, email accounts and retailers are nothing new, the reality is that no industry is immune from cyber threats. In fact, a group appointed to advise the U.S. Department of Labor recently raised concerns that employee benefit plans may be particularly vulnerable to cyber threats related to the privacy and security of its personally identifiable information, protected health information, and even financial transactions.
During this complimentary one-hour webinar, McAfee & Taft employee benefits attorney Brandon Long is joined by special guest Cody Griffin, risk assurance partner with HoganTaylor, to discuss the growing threats to benefit plan security and privacy and review the steps plan sponsors should take to minimize and manage cyber risks.
- The most common types of threats to cybersecurity
- How and why benefit plans and service providers are at risk
- The importance of developing a cybersecurity strategy to protect benefit plan information and manage cybersecurity risk
- The importance of reviewing and continuously monitoring third-party service providers, including TPAs, auditors, and other plan advisors
- What use of plan assets is reasonable when preparing and implementing a cybersecurity plan?
- Is cyber liability insurance right for you?
This webinar is now available for on-demand viewing. Register below to receive immediate access. NOTE: Pre-registration (by February 14, 2017) was required to qualify for HRCI or SHRM credit.
This program was pre-approved for 1.25 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about HRCI certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
McAfee & Taft is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 1.25 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about SHRM certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.